WHAT IS ROADWORTHY?
Before selling, transferring ownership or re-registering your vehicle, it must be deemed roadworthy by VicRoads, ensuring that its next owner isn’t buying or driving an unsafe car.
South City Automotive is a VicRoads accredited vehicle tester, and can conduct the roadworthy inspection necessary to have your vehicle issued a Roadworthy Certificate and cleared for use on the road.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
- Book your vehicle in for a roadworthy inspection by giving us a call or email, or visit our workshop on Gladstone St in South Melbourne and talk to one of our friendly staff.
- Bring your vehicle in for the inspection along with your drivers licence. A licensed vehicle tester will be on hand to inspect your vehicle.
- If the vehicle passes the inspection a Roadworthy Certificate will be issued. If your vehicle fails the first inspection, we will provide a list of items that will need to be rectified for the certificate to be issued, along with a quote of the repair costs required.
- Repairs are to be carried out and vehicle re-presented within 7 days. While you may use any workshop you wish, our team would be more than happy to make the repairs for you.
- Make a booking for a re-inspection.
- If the repairs are satisfactory, a Roadworthy Certificate will be issued.
When selling your vehicle, a Registration Transfer form is required. It can be found on the VicRoads website or via this link: Registration Transfer Form